June 10, 2013

Gold Chalk's must visit list of stores

well, here it is , my list of must visit stores in Melbourne (part one) - if you live in Melbourne and have not been to see these stores, then get your booty off the couch and start crossing them off your must visit list - you won't be sorry, but you will be if you miss out on them!!!!!!
It's so therapeutic crossing things off your to do list and last week I got to cross these little beauties of my must visit list - some for the first time, others, just because I love going back to them to see whats new!!!

First stop- The Woodsfolk in Hawthorn, this is a fairly new addition to Church Street - the store is full of gift ware and just stuff you want to stuff into a bag and replicate at home - I loved the bed set up with Kip and Co bedlinen, they have a great range of groovy cushion and jewellery.  Whilst you are here - cross over the road and visit Maiike, a beautiful for hand made children's products and ladies apparel.


The Woodsfolk
39 Church Street
Hawthorn

Maiike
54 Church Street 
Hawthorn

Next stop - the newly refurbished Crate Expectations - colour everywhere, lots and lots of eye candy, do make sure your wallet is full, this place will tempt the fussiest of purchases - I spied lots of my favorite suppliers, and all in the one place - what more could you ask for?????!!!!!
this couch is the highlight of my visit - i love it!!!! such a show stopper piece!
  beautiful bags, jewellery and cushions EVERYWHERE you look!

Crate Expectations
1 Llaneeast Street
Malvern

while you are here, just pop around the corner and drop into Hut13 (it's hidden behind a peach coloured door!) and Market ImportsWhile HUT 13 is mostly a homewares and gift store, it is also a space where local and aspiring artists and makers exhibit their goods. With each visit you’re sure to see something new, in fact the last time I was there, I saw a piece of art from The Block, and affordable too! 

Next, I decide to drop into Turner and Lane - again, this is a newish store that is fitted out with beautiful pieces for friends, family and the home. When I dropped in, the store was merchandised by colour - fabulous idea - lots to see in this store, printed pillows, body products, kitchenware and coffee table books, but it is the kind of store you could visit once a week and find something different each time.

The philosophy behind Turner & Lane is to inspire living spaces that do not necessarily have to match. Rather, they should be interesting, reflective of your own personality and filled with a variety of colour and style in surrounding yourself with things that you love - you must visit!!!!









Turner and Lane

1391 Malvern Road
Malvern
So many places to visit, so little time..... this is why you need to create a list and cross them off as you go, I am going to finish with a couple of more of my haunts and then stay tuned for part two!!! yes there are more great stores you have to see!!

Montebello Emporium is in Balwyn, its a lifestyle shop that offers, fashion, accessories, things for the home and my most favorite thing - they stock Megan Park accessories and homewares - visit her to lust over some great pieces and when you feel the need to splurge on yourself!! Megan Park is one of my favorite designers - I love visiting her store in Malvern too. It has some beautiful lighting installed above their counter - drop by when you are visiting Hut13.
Megan Park cushion


Montebello
a376 Whitehorse Rd, 
Balwyn

On the way home, do stop by Issa in Ivanhoe, I have posted about this store before here - it has the most divine things, again really worth a visit, I could browse this store for hours - sometimes I feel like a stalker, but the owner is a local girl and she doesn't seem to mind, shop here for inspiration, that special gift for someone or for a spoil me present for yourself!


Issa Ivanhoe
149 Upper Heidelberg Road
Ivanhoe
Lastly, for all you locals, you must visit this cafe/store/ - if you do nothing else, meet your girlfriends here for a coffee and some yummy lunch, it stocks a great range of gifts and one off pieces - it has a small fashion range also and my favorite - beautiful jewellery, i often pop in for a take away coffee and browse their wares while I am waiting!


Tancks Corner
461 Ironbark Road
Yarrambat

Well, that's enough for one post - I have so many of my haunts that I want to share with you!!! stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 - do pop back!! xx


until then, happy shopping!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...