March 16, 2013

Chalk Talk's HOT LIST


Julia's kitchen - Inside Out this month and Julia's kitchen before - both look fab@!
lots of crazy things happening lately in the decorator world - and it's time to share them with you - Firstly, I posted on Facebook the cover of the latest Inside Out  Magazine, it is all about colour and who better to showcase this than Super Stylist - Julia Green from Greenhouse Interiors - I have posted about her before here, I have been lucky enough to work with her and she is amazing. I love her energy and easy going nature - she love to share her knowledge, I love that about her - I got to work on an amazing shoot with her a couple of weeks ago and the energy was captivating!! She has only recently joined Inside Out Magazine, but what she brings to the table is amazing - her story in the latest issue is actually her very own house transformed for the shoot - her lounge and kitchen areas.  I have had the pure excitement of walking into her home - my eyes went crazy with excitment - just looking at all the details - that's it, she's a details girl, I LOVE THAT TOO!! More about Julia and I later - stay tuned!!!!!
 Image Decor8
I often get asked......how do you find the time to BLOG - well the answer is simple - I LOVE my blog and I make time for it - I love it so much that I am currently doing a course on blogs by the very talented Holly Becker from Decor8 - she is my blogging hero and her Eclasses are amazing - she is based on the other side of the world but runs her courses through web casts - so this month I am busy doing that in my spare time - you may notice some small changes to the blog as I proceed - you can see her blog here - its loaded with inspiration!!!
Image Decor8
On my HOT LIST at the moment is Kip and Co Bright, who specalise in Bright Boutique linen - believe me this brand is going to be hot - and even more hot once it is seen on someones bed!!! more of that later!!!!!!!!!
Check out their website and do yourself a favour and get a piece of Kip and Co,  my favorite thing to do with this "look at me" bedlinen is to match it back with neutrals to tone it down. Whether it be a neutral/linen look fabric bedhead or a linen doona cover and using Kip and Co pillows or flat sheets - never match it - don't buy the whole set - it looks way to contrived - mix it up - go on, give it a try!! 


Pre order Kip and Co - you are going to be seeing a lot more of this brand!
Another thing that is going crazy at the moment is rugs - use them everywhere - even outside, I have seen this and it actually looks not too bad! What a difference a rug can make to a space. Use rugs like a pieces of art - then choose your other decorator items around it - there are some rug rules you need to follow, but right now, BOLD rugs are HOT!!!









My Tip of the Week - incorporate some greenery into your rooms - look at this image - imagine it without the greenery in the vase - it would look a little stark, adding green in terms of leaves, branches etc is simple and effective. Green is the universal colour - it can be used with any colour scheme and instantly looks amazing. Bring some of  the outside inside! take a look at my instagram pics, to see greenery at my place. Picture from Arent & Pyke


Lastly, gOLd ChaLK is going to be holding a decorators shopping trip - it is going to be  limited to four spaces ONLY. Date will be advised soon. I plan to take you to some fabulous places - all purchases made on the day will be at wholesale price plus 20% - Four places only - Ticket price is $60.00.
the trip will take place in Melbourne and it promises to be a fabulous day! I will be available to answer any decorating question you have, I am also happy to make a home visit as part of the ticket price to help you choose your decorator items wisely!!
Email me if you are interested in pre purchasing a ticket!!! But hurry as places are limited.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...