March 16, 2012

Friday's Chalk Talk

super crazy week, off to a 7am meeting this morning!!! What!!!! I hear you say - am I mad????- all  in the name of business building !!!!- I am super excited - as usual lots going on - had some fabulous photos taken yesterday which I hope to share with you very soon - they are going to be SOOOOO great - I completed a plan for a Living/Dining room which looks pretty good - I got a note from one of the agents I work with to say they were really happy with my first job  and they have another three more lined up for me in the next week or so!!!!! Yay !!!!!!!! I have just about finished my Master Plan Design Kits, more details about these soon! 
This week I thought I would share some groovy images I've found on the net and tell you why they stand out from the crowd for me! 
 floating wooden bedhead and great lighting = very stylish - simple but stylish, notice the contrast here - you must mix dark with light for harmony and balance.
 love a crucifix in the home, again quite a neutral background and furnishings with some highlight elements, and a little dash of colour on the lamp and a tiny bit of the same color on the cushion - this is a very pretty room with quite a calming restful feel.
lots of natural light, great side table, in fact perfect height for that bed, available here in a huge range of colours and sizes! There's that picture of that lady again - love her in this palette too.
 



 lots of pops of colour - white base mixed with some colour and texture = fantastic - its all about layering up the colour and keeping it to about 3 colours - any more can look a bit busy I think.  
 bold statement = fab feature for the kitchen - love the mix of pendant lights (Tom Dixon) and down lights - layer up your lighting - not all about down lights - pendants = personality!!! The Green wall of cupboards in this kitchen is a real winner for me - The other common feature in all these pics is huge amounts of natural light - If you are going to do white and colour, make sure your room can carry it off!

I think my favorite thing to do with interiors is to keep the shell neutral and play with colour to add personality and a bit of quirk! Natural light is so important to me - it really is mood effecting - I love bringing the outside in, so where ever possible, bring some leaves/branches/flowers or even twigs into your mix for guaranteed loveliness. 

thank you for taking the time to stop by - I really appreciate it - I love sharing my week with you all. xx
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Kylie. White with bold dashes of colour is always so fresh and lovely. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your work xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...