February 24, 2012

Chalk Talk

space designed by Abigail Ahern - my go to lady of the moment!
why is it that some days are Blah and some are ooh la la???????? I can hear you all saying - I hear you, girlfriend!!!! Well we need to experience the Blah to know when Oooohh la la hits - yesterday I had an Ooooh la la day - I got a new listing from a client - very excited,  and I also got a new project underway called Master Plan.  Master plan has been in the pipeline for a little while now, it is so exciting and really I think its going to be a winner! I can't give away too much detail.  But lets just say that my mission to make Interior Decorating more widely available and to remove the perception, that it is expensive,  is moving a step closer...........sound interesting???? well stay tuned for some really exciting stuff.


This week I had a huge reaction to my decorating/styling hints, so I thought I would continue with this over the coming weeks, and dissect some great pics that float around the internet and take a closer look at why they work. 

Is this not the most amazingly simple home office you have seen! I love this shot, the owner has worked with a white base and added colour with some key pieces.  Always bring some of the outside in with either flowers or greenery - this is a must! I also love to add a little "tongue in cheek" - a touch of the unexpected, sure to have your friends tongues wagging - I like to call it a memorable piece - for me that is the pink pig - unexpected, but it works.


 On My Radar...... 


if you haven't already been here then get yourself there pronto for some great budget designer finds - perfect update pieces, that work perfectly together. They also do an amazing yellow beside lamp for $50 - I need to get myself two of those!








hot right now - Blacklist Studio - great song on their website to listen to whilst browsing their amazing wears, how fab is this gold print - You make my happy when skies are grey!!!!!

and lastly, I am heading out this morning to get a hard copy of the latest Women's Weekly, which has Zuster Designer Wilhelmina McCarroll's house featured in the Yarra Valley- the most perfect example of a neutral palette  with an injection of personality through some quirky pieces that are real talking points!!

Design Quote of the week

Decor must have sentimental value. 
A house must tell a story."


so true, have yourselves a wonderful weekend xxoo


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I was very excited to see the yellow lamps and the ikat, chevron and trellis patterned accessories at Target. It's nice to see them stepping up their style :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...