December 16, 2012

my week in pictures plus a little ChaLK tALk

here is a sneak peek at one of my latest projects, whilst Real Estate takes a little break until next year (due to the silly season almost upon us), I now have some time to do some of the things I truly love - Moodboards - this is a little peek at the house I am working on - the house is a blank canvas and I am very excited to have been asked to help furnish and accessorise it - more about this house later.........

where would I be without my glue stick????
 this week I have also been packing up lots of my houses which have sold, so I thought I would share with you all a little bit about the whole process - I get to meet some lovely people along the way in my job and so this week I photographed some of them in action!! they were all a little camera shy!!!!!
Once the truck arrives on location, every item of stock is accounted for - every piece of furniture has a 6 digit number and once they are all checked off the shrink wrap and bubble wrap come out!!
The guys pack up the furniture and I usually gather all the accessories and prints and start packing them in bubble wrap. The whole process can take about three hours - it's usually a time to chat and get to know everyone a little bit better - sometimes we even have the owners pitching in to help!!!
truck arrives - 9 am pronto!
all stock is counted and marked off a master list
we group all the accessories together for ease of packing
the lovely owner helping us pack up - so many cushions on this job!
stock gets turned on its side and shrink wrapped ready for the warehouse, where the whole process starts all over again.
James(above) and Matthew(below) from the warehouse - always smiling and nothing is ever too much trouble for these guys!!!!
no two days are ever the same in this job, in fact no two houses are ever the same - I work with some wonderful people and helping them in the whole process is a real privilege - selling one of their largest assets is quite stressful and it is sometimes a little sad saying goodbye, but thankfully, the houses sell and we all get to move onto our next project!


 and lastly I went to visit this wonderful place yesterday, Galerie Montmartre in Fitzroy - so much choice for vibrant wall art - really striking orginal posters of all sizes - I could have taken home soooo many!
until next time..........keep smiling.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...