Rugs are huge at the moment - in my opinion they can make a room when used correctly, here are a few things I've learnt along the way about rugs that you may find helpful!
1. Patterned rugs are great for two reasons, they help anchor your rooms colour scheme and visually unite a space, and they're slow to show wear-and-tear in high traffic areas - great when kids are involved!!!
2. A bold, graphic rug creates a dramatic focal point in a room. Let it really sing by choosing a barely there coffee table made of glass, if it's too bold for your taste,a large sturdy table will break up the print and lessen its impact.
3. Use a rug to define areas within a large room. Particularly useful in big open plan spaces.
4. If you are working with a small space, light or pastel rugs make a room seem spacious while deeper colours create a cozy feeling.
5. A large rug topped with furniture is more casual than a small rug surrounded by a formal furniture setup.
6. Rugs just aren't for floors. They can be used as wall hangings to create a focal point within a room.
7. Size matters - hallway runners need to show some floor on all sides. Dining room rugs should be large enough for chairs to be pulled from the table without catching an edge and scratching the floor
I can help you find the perfect rug for your room, interested? contact me