November 29, 2011

school update

collage
digital

hand drawn

Last night I travelled into school for the last time for 2011 with my very talented friend- that's right the school year is over for me. Another great year, loved my subjects to death and learnt so so much - I especially loved the subject completed last night, 2D - I really didn't expect to learn so much.

Last night it was presentation night and we had to present ONE MOOD three ways - hand drawn, digital and collage (guess what my favorite was??) here is what I presented. My client brief was from a well travelled couple with grown up children. They had collected a lot of pieces along their travels and wanted them bought together cohesively. I used a dark color on one of the walls to make the art POP and used lots of IKAT fabrics for texture and interest. I loved layering the Kilim rugs in this room too. You might notice that not all the pieces match but I have managed to make them work together - I really love doing this, not everything has to match to look good!

ohh by the way, just in case you didnt guess, my favorite was the collage - what about you???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...